Attractions in Gdynia
It is sunny here - over 1,671 hours per year to be exact, making Gdynia the perfect place to visit at any time of the year. One of the area's numerous attractions is the Seashore Promenade – a favourite place to take a stroll for locals and tourists alike.
This two-kilometer route stretches from the Kościuszko Square at the foot of Kamienna Góra. The walk can be continued, however, along the beach to the Redłowski cliff, the pier in Orłowo or even to Sopot.
Gdynia is also the Polish Feature Film Festival when it becomes Polish Cannes for a few autumn days. The audience can participate in festival shows and meetings with the stars.
The number of occasional events in Gdynia is huge and gather tens of thousands of viewers every year.
We invite our guests to spend their free time actively in Gdynia and its surroundings. We are happy to help you organize your free time. Our suggestions are:
- Aquapark Sopot - We cordially invite you to take advantage of the only water park in Sopot in Tri-City www.aquaparksopot.pl
- Aquapark Reda- The only such aquapark with sharks https://www.aquaparkreda.pl/
- Centrum U7 - Play bowling! The U7 Center www.u7.pl invites for active rest
- Chillout - We highly recommend our guests to take advantage of the Chillout salon offer located just 500m from our Hotel. Professional face and body treatments. Eyelash extensions, permanent makeup and unusual massages and rituals. 10% discount for Hotel Antares guests http://salon-chillout.pl/
- Kolibki Adventure Park - Adventure lovers are highly recommended. A dose of adrenaline will be provided by numerous attractions of the paintball park, off-road cars, quads, rope park, shooting range and many others. Check on your own! www.adventurepark.pl
- Diving course - Gdynia Dive - For active and thirsty experience we offer a diving course. www.gdyniadive.pl
- Zoltar Zone entertainment center - 450m2 electronic paintball arena, crime puzzle room, archera arena and reflex room are the attractions that await you. We highly recommend this place to seekers of adrenaline and fun. 10% discount for Hotel Antares guests! Www.strefazoltar.pl
- Helios Gdynia - Check what the magic of modern cinema is. http://www.helios.pl/42,Gdynia/Repertuar/
- Shopping time! Riviera Shopping Center - For shopping, please visit the Rivieria Shopping Center in Gdynia. The spacious interiors of the gallery have many salons and shops that represent the best and most popular brands of world fashion. www.centrumriviera.pl
For those seeking relaxation in Gdynia
We have Orłowo with a 420-meter long pier as well as Kępa Redłowska, one of the oldest nature reserves in Poland, with a beautiful steep cliff 60 meters high, changing its shape and appearance after each storm. The city's greenery covers 45% of the area, there is a forest, forest-floristic and underwater reserve.
Numerous beaches, one of which is located in the very center of the city, are a place of numerous events and games. During summer holidays volleyball, football and rugby tournaments take place here. The beaches are clean and safe (mostly guarded or guarded by experienced lifeguards).
We should also remember that Gdynia is the sailing capital of Poland. Sailing events take place here from May to October, and in winter you can see, for example, an exhibition of photos from the regatta.
Art and history lovers will also find something for themselves:
- Gdynia Aquarium - a wealth of flora and fauna of the seas and oceans at your fingertips. Thousands of fish and shells. You will also see the bottom of the Baltic Sea here.
- "Dar Pomorza" - the most beautiful Polish sailing ship, which made over 100 voyages and reached almost 400 ports. Youth from the Maritime School were trained on its board. In 1981 anchored in Gdynia and became a museum.
- Pomeranian Science and Technology Park Gdynia - is a space for people who create innovative products, services and initiatives.
- EXPERYMENT Science Center - is an interactive exhibition, which aims to teach through play.
- "Błyskawica" - the most famous Polish warship. During the trip inside it you can visit the deck, machinery spaces and also see the steam boiler.
- Gdynia City Museum - here you can find information about the history of Gdynia. The museum is located at ul. Zawiszy Czarnego 1 (near the Musical Theater).
- Emigration Museum - the first museum in the country devoted to the history of Polish emigration. The museum is located at ul. Polish 1.
- Musical Theater Danuta Baduszkowa - The largest musical theater in Poland. Immediately after the Grand Theater in Warsaw, it is the largest theater in terms of the number of seats. Over 1580 spectators can sit in three rooms at one time. Address: Pl. Grunwald 1.
- Gdynia Arena - the hall auditorium holds 4334 spectators; 3980 seats are located in the stationary stands. The hall is located at ul. Kazimierza Górskiego 8, only 4km from the Antares hotel.
- Inclusion Museum - in this museum see, among others organisms embedded in amber.
- Żeromski's House in Orłowo - here the writer came on vacation and created his "Wind from the Sea". ul. Folwarczna Domek presents architecture from the turn of the 17th and 18th centuries.
- Church of Archangel Michael in Oksywie - one of the oldest churches in Gdańsk Pomerania / XIII century /. Here at Kępa Oksywska / 40 m a.s.l.